Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Spring Semester

As I wait patiently for the books I ordered almost 2 weeks ago (the curse of renting textbooks), I'm still not saved from the start of my Spring 2014 semester that began on Monday.  Despite having four of the six books I need for my courses, it seems the most important two books are the ones I'm still waiting to receive.  Same goes for Papa Fox, who has his in person class tonight, and no book for the course because the company we rented our books from seem to be a little ditzy this time around.

Last semester was pretty easy because it was a transition into the schooling habit, freshman level courses and all pretty simple beyond belief.  Not to say that this semester looks challenging, but it seems as though many of the classes get started into the real heart of the work from pretty much the start.  It's been a few days and already I've come to realize that I've got a 3 page paper due on Sunday (for one of the classes whose book I don't yet have) in combination with various other assignments that already demand much more than some of the courses last semester.

Regardless, I'm up for the challenge and more than ready to buckle down to get all this done as quickly as possible.  In an 18-month associates program, it's expected that I might feel a bit overstretched at times, but I feel it's more than worth it for the end result.  In addition, I have yet to pay up a single penny in tuition thanks to the community college tuition rates and federal financial aid.  Even with all this, I think it's more exciting that this is Papa Fox's final semester to get his BSBA and is worth much more attention than my second semester back to college.

No comments:

Post a Comment