Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Lampshade Rehab



Isn't that lampshade just the bees knees?!  Well, it better because this is my after picture and there is no before. AGAIN. I know. Bad habits die hard, I guess.  Best part of this whole thing is that I had the old ugly lampshade literally up until last night when I put it in the trash.  Ain't that just how it always happens?

So, what's the big deal?  The lampshade.  I mean seriously, have you ever seen a lamp uglier than a hairy fruit and completely written it off?  I have.  Giving credit where credit is due, this is a really nice custom, family heirloom koa wood lamp base that my uncle actually made for our family.  That being said, it's probably one of the only reasons I would never put paint to it.  However, there are many, I'm sure, that could use a nice coat of paint to make it all better.

Go around your house, your neighbors house, the furniture store, the thrift shop, wherever - and take a second look at the pieces themselves as individuals.  Sometimes that ugly lamp in the vintage shop up the street just needs a nice new lampshade.  I lucked out and got this one on clearance at Target.  Time will tell if I decide to do something fun and different with it.  I've seen those Mod Podge lampshades or I could just add a cute little ribbon accent on the top or bottom edge.  As you can see, I haven't even taken off the packaging yet, so I'm definitely not ready to go all craft-addict on it either. Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment