Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pre-Honeymoon Fitness Challenge

So I'm terrified to admit it, but my honeymoon is less than a month away and I'm disappointed in myself for not losing the 30+ pounds I had planned.  Now, my hubby (sweet, sweet Papa Fox) has no issues with how I look or the shape of my body.  I, however, am not totally content with where I'm at right now.  Behold, the two 30 day challenges I've taken on to help get into a good exercise habit:

Have you seen these on Pinterest, lately?  If you follow anyone who has any desire to workout in the new year, these probably look pretty familiar.  I chose these two because they didn't seem overly difficult.  Apparently, she thought the same thing since her challenge was the same two exact challenges.  They are two totally separate challenges, but they both didn't seem unattainable, so here I am.

I've just completed day 11 with no gripes about setting aside (maybe) 5 minutes of my day.  One thing I have found is that I do my planks in 30-45 second intervals.  I'm just not to the point where I can sit in a plank for a minute straight.  And that's okay!  I'm still getting in the correct amounts per day (it's only been up to a minute so far, but you get my drift), so I don't think I'm missing the point.  As for the squats, they were super easy before they got up past 100, so I usually break them down into intervals of 20 and rest for a few seconds in between.  Again, still completing the number in the challenge, just broken down into feasible amounts for my own sanity capacity.

To the best of my ability, I also take my son on long 1 hour walks on random days when I'm up to it or if the weather permits.  Honestly, I think this challenge has made me gain weight (remember, muscle weighs more than fat!) which is a little frustrating since I lost 8 pounds since thanksgiving, but I'll roll with the punches.

Why do I want to lose 30 pounds?  Because that's how much I've gained since I gave birth to my son.  Funny thing is that I actually was down to my pre-pregnancy weight within a couple months of giving birth to my son.  Sad part is that while breastfeeding, I got comfortable not having to work too hard to lose weight, so when he was weaned, those 30lbs crept right back.  Yep, no baby, no reason except my own neglect.  Now, I'm at my (almost) peak pregnancy weight and not pregnant.  YIKES.

What now?  Now, I'm facing the fact that I will not be down to my pre-pregnancy weight before my honeymoon in less than a month.  I'm okay with that, I can accept this reality.  One thing that I can't accept is becoming pregnant again at my peak pregnancy weight to start.  Not happening.  So, I've come up with a realistic goal of getting back down to my pre-pregnancy weight by May 2014.  On my son's third birthday, I hope to be the same weight I was when he was conceived.  Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment