Friday, July 19, 2013

DIY Wedding Well Wishes Card



Phew, it has been a long couple of weeks.  On Friday, we officially got married (yay!) and on the following Wednesday, we got a surprising and seemingly hastily slapped together email wedding announcement thing (boo!).  I say that because it wasn't a well formatted and cleanly thought out type of wedding announcement via email.   Instead, it was a mass email with nothing more than a casual picture attached and a few words followed by a phone number and address.  Pretty lame.

Yes, the fact that it was three days after our amazing and beautiful wedding was a little disappointing since it was more of an elopement announcement, but at least I found the silver lining.  I got to make an awesome card for the new couple.

Since I had already purchased the bird hole punch for our wedding guest book (I'll tell you more on that later), it was all really simple.  I used construction paper to cut out the birds.  Boom, done.

Next, I googled how to make an origami heart out of money.  Pretty simple, definitely worth the few minutes it took.  Done and done.

Since I already have cardstock on hand, I just cut one out to about the size of a 4x6 since that's the size of the envelopes I had on hand.  From there, I just used double sided tape to place and secure the birds and the origami heart.  Add "congrats lovebirds" and their wedding date, scribble a little something on the back, and mail that sucker off!

I decided to be the bigger person and congratulate the couple.  There's a long back story - we just won't go there.  Instead, let's fawn over this awesomely simple card that anyone can make in just a few short minutes for any kind of love filled occasion since you can customize the wording however you see fit!

No comments:

Post a Comment