Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Adventures in Toddlerhood: Flutter Butterfly Pavilion

Oh my what a day it has been.  Children are so unpredictable, amazing, miraculous, time-consuming, adorable, and schedule-ruining.  I wouldn't have it any other way.

Have you been to a butterfly pavilion?!

If you ever get the chance, can I interject right now with a you should go! It's amazing for so many reasons and the kids (even the little kid inside you - you don't need children to fully enjoy it!) just absolutely surprise you.  Above is my gorgeous little niece admiring the monarch butterfly.

Today, we went to Flutter at the Pearlridge Mall in Aiea, HI that's going on until July 14th.  Considering the weekday, it was surprisingly busy.  We got there to buy tickets at noon and didn't get our showing scheduled until 1p, a whole hour later.  It was surprising to us, but maybe we were just being naive.

Baby Fox, contrary to the adorable picture above, was an absolute mess.  He was terrified of the butterflies; you would've thought they were stinging bees if you saw his reaction.  They give you the rules before you go in, one being not to swat at the butterflies or scream while inside and not to step on said butterflies (given, right?).  Could you guess that it's exactly what Baby Fox did?!  Yup, sure nuff.  Needless to say, I about had him in a little mommy-straight-jacket kind of thing (which may have caused him more trauma than I know) to keep him from stamping, slapping, and swatting the butterflies away.  Funny enough, the butterflies LOVED these kids, so it was a long and arduous process with Baby Fox.  But I digress.

Besides the insect invasion, I picked up my soon-to-be-sister-in-law and niece this morning to embark on the adventure that was today.  From a Starbucks run, potty successes (my nieces, not Baby Fox), a long and (unnecessarily) drawn out breakfast at Zippy's, and a quick peek at Petsmart to admire the animals, everything was so much more fun.  Having kids the similar age is just absolute heaven.  Oh, and we were able to squeeze in some shopping for my sister so she could get some local-casual clothes.  All in all, I'd stamp today with a SUCCESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment