Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Reusable (customized!) Wedding Party Gift



During this whole wedding planning fiasco, there have been many things that I've been back and forth about, like favors (today, it's a yes) and gifts for the wedding party.  I love the idea of those pictures where everyone is flawlessly made up with matching robes, but we're in Hawaii, so who wears a robe?

No robes for us.  So I figured, "Hoodies! Who doesn't like a good hoodie?!" and thus the Wedding Party gift was born.  But I had a whole other issue - nobody wants a nice, comfy, neutral hoodie with BRIDESMAID stamped across the back - well, at least I don't know anyone.  Hmm.

I Googled all over and scoured Pinterest hoping to find a solution for customizing hoodies so they could be reusable - either a temporary tag for pictures or something personal without being too cumbersome.  Instead of finding a solution, I settled on my own little compromise.

Using the Bleach pen technique I saw on Pinterest, I opted to write the date of our wedding on the hood.  Really, I would have loved to do what she does at the link above, but I wanted to make sure the girls had easy to remove tops so their hair and makeup wouldn't be an issue when it was time to put on our dresses.  Knowing me, I'll go out and get some tank tops anyway and just add it to my  things-I-didn't-need-but-totally-do-now list.

But yeah.  So the date on the hood.  That was my compromise.  I know, I know, it doesn't say bridesmaid or anything fun like that, but I wanted to at least incorporate something memorable, so I used our wedding date.  The best part is that since it's only really visible when you have the hood up (across the forehead), for the most part, it's just a simple black hoodie!

No comments:

Post a Comment