Wednesday, June 19, 2013

DIY No-Sew Frame Organizer - Part 1



Yesterday I started a new project. Yay!  When we cleaned the house and got everything ready for the garage sale, we came across this picture frame with some kind of preschool achievement or something in it.  Just another bulky item, I assumed, and suggested my mother add it to the "sell" pile. After seeing it on the top of the pile time and time again, it struck me. PROJECT TIME!


I was already in the midst of adjusting and repairing some of my wedding DIY projects, so I just started to experiment with this one, too.  I grabbed some scissors, the fabric I already had from a previous project that I automatically knew would be perfect for this, and, just for some flair, some burlap ribbon.


And you can't forget the handy dandy glue gun!  Like I said, I was already elbow deep in other projects, so handy dandy glue gun was already out and heated up, so I opted not to place it on the floor with my other supplies.  Plus, handy dandy glue gun is my special crafting best friend so he deserves his own glorified photograph.  Oh, and when we put everything together, we'll need an iron, too.


Then I proceeded to try out the two orientations by placing the ribbon both portrait and landscape to see which one I liked best.  I'm feeling the landscaped format the most - it seems to give me the most usable space.


Although the vertical portrait format seems neater to me, and would take up less space if I leaned it on my desk instead of hung it on a wall, but it just feels smaller like this.

As much as I would have loved to jump right into the project and get it all done and put it neatly on my desk, I don't have the space presently.  The garage sale cleared out a great deal of space, but there's still a whole pile of baby stuff that needs to go to another house in preparation for Papa Fox's brother and sister-in-law's move to Hawaii.  For now, I'm going to ponder the orientation of my organizer for another day or so and see how I feel.  And I'm going to need to iron out the fabric, too, so I'll be better off with someone watching Baby Fox or at least during one of his naps.

Stick around for Part 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment