Friday, June 7, 2013

Big Boy Bed Part 1


Isn't that bed frame just amazing?  Considering all the time and effort I put into putting that darn thing together, it sure looks pretty B.A. to me!  (Index: B.A.: Bad A**)

Well, let me start by saying that the move to the Big Boy Bed was with much hesitation from Papa Fox.  Looking at the peaceful Baby Fox sleeping in his bed, it's hard to wonder why, but we made the transition pretty successfully, all things considered. From the start, anyway.

It's barely been one whole day and the Big Boy Bed is completely beyond Baby Fox.  Admittedly, the one amazing thing that was Papa Fox's main concern, wasn't an issue.  He was concerned that Baby Fox would get up and play with his toys in the middle of the night.  Two nights later and it hasn't been the problem.

What is the problem?  Stubborn little Baby Fox doesn't like change.  Funny enough, his very first night in his new bed was completely painless.  We read his books, tucked him in, I sat with him until he rolled over, and left the room without a single peep.  Mind you, he was aware I left the room and still ever so slightly awake, so I didn't coddle him until he fell fast asleep, so I patted myself on the back and figured he must just be ready for his Big Boy Bed.

I must have been very wrong and that night must have been a total fluke.  Nap time the following day was absolutely horrendous, screaming fits galore, but I thought it was because of the loud neighbors who were dumping out their empty soda cans and rustling through them for what seemed to be no other reason than to make an obnoxious amount of noise.  Boy was I wrong, because bed time was just as bad if not worse.

Now, here I sit, in the room with my little Baby Fox because I thought that my presence might help him sleep better in his Big Boy Bed. Wrong again, because as I type this, I can see my now-two-year-old-bundle-of-energy hiding under his blankets and playing with his stuffed animals.  Seriously?!  Those stuffed animals were always there and he never played with them before!

Thus is the start of our Big Boy Bed adventure.  Like everything else in parenthood, I'm going to assume it gets better with time.  Besides, his Big Boy Bed is still at least in the same room as ours (since we don't have an extra bedroom just for him), so it can't be that difficult, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment